Thursday, April 1, 2010

The Marvelous Mix, April 2nd



The time is finally here! The debut of my brand-new show, The Marvelous Mix. I cannot tell you how excited I am to begin this new show and start taking all your Marvelous Requests. Since this is the debut edition of my show there will be a lot going on! Check out the details below:


For my debut show I have decided I will be playing all Dance Music! It is after all one of my favorite music genres, besides it's Friday Night and we need to start the weekend off right! This means no ballads and sleepy time music. I will play anything as long as you can dance to it, I'm afraid to say moshing would count but there are some Rock Songs you can definitely dance to.


One huge part of my show will be the utilization of the Marvelous Scoreboard! As you may or may not be aware, every month I will be giving out a FREE City of Heroes 30 Day Timecard! To win the timecard you must obviously tune into the show and interact with myself and my listeners! There is a multitude of ways to do this and the scoreboard will help us keep track of how many points everyone has!

Listeners can earn points by doing the following during the live show:
1 Point (per show) for visiting DJ Dazz in Live Chat!
1 Point (per show) for making your requests (max 3)!
3 Points (per show) for winning the Scavenger Hunt!
3 Points (per show) for answering the trivia question correctly!
3 Points (per show) for winning 1st Place in a Costume Contest!
2 Points (per show) for winning 2nd Place in a Costume Contest!
1 Point (per show) for winning 3rd Place in a Costume Contest!
*Note: Scavenger Hunts and Costume Contests are spontaneous and may not occur every show!

Additionally, listeners can earn extra points by doing the following before the live show:
1 Point (per week) for saying something in the Marvelous Shout-Outs Box!
1 Point (per week) for sending DJ Dazz a Voicemail
1 Point (per week) for sending DJ Dazz a Audio Shout Out
3 Points (per week) for e-mailing DJ Dazz (dj-dazz@kjsr.net) your requests (max 3) before the show!


Every week near the stroke of Midnight I will ask an on-air trivia question! Tune in to hear the question then simply contact me (live chat, yim, in-game, etc.) with your answer. The person to answer correctly first is awarded three points on the Marvelous Scoreboard.


For the month of April, the Marvelous Mix Featured Artist will be Timbaland. Timbaland is a very popular and successful producer, singer, songwriter. He just recently released his second compilation album Shock Value 2 showcasing some amazing songs! Throughout the month of April we will spotlight some of his best work and fantastic collaborations (while attempting to stay within the themes)!


Every show I will play a new song for you guys! This week's selection is truly amazing and quite fresh, it's Christina Aguilera's new single "Not Myself Tonight" off her new album Bionic (releasing this June)! So tune in and I guarantee I'll debut it for your listening pleasure!


With all that said and done, it looks like it will be a very busy show! So tune in and get your Friday Night pumping as we take a most Marvelous jump into the weekend! See you all tonight (Friday) at 11pm only on KJSR.net, the voice of the Jello Shooters and YOU TOO!

No comments:

Post a Comment